Frequently Asked Questions
Regular maintenance of your car is essential to safety and can help ensure trouble free motoring. Whilst there may not be any immediate signs of trouble with your car that doesn’t mean that it won’t happen soon. Regular checks and repairs help to stop small problems before they get the chance to become big problems.
The MOT certificate confirms that, at the time of the test, without dismantling it, the vehicle met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law.
By clicking this link and using the contact form to get in touch with us!
Our prices are highly competitive with no hidden costs, meaning the price we quote is the price you pay. Not just for servicing but also for wear-and-tear parts like exhausts, brakes and tyres.
- Braking systems
- Engine oils
- Anti-Freeze Flush
- Body work
- Clutch replacements
- Hub caps
- Battery repairs
- Ignition repairs
- Shock absorption
- Fuel drain
- Air flow meter
- Exhaust system repairs
- Steering repairs
- Catalytic converter repairs
- And many, many more!
All spare parts supplied and fitted by Phoenix Motor Centre are either ‘Original Spare Parts’ (OSP) or ‘Spare Parts of Matching Quality’ (SPMQ) as defined in Article I, Sections (u) and (t) of European Commission Regulation (EC)1400/2002 of July 31, 2002, commonly known as the Automotive Block Exemption Regulation. This means that all Phoenix Motor Centre replacement parts are qualified replacements parts under vehicle manufacturer warranties.
If your diesel car is less than 5 years old then there’s a good chance it is fitted with a high tech Common Rail fuel injection system. This is the technology which gives you the high performance and low emissions you expect. Today’s diesel injection systems are kept going by a multitude of sensors, electronics and software which means specialist know-how and equipment are essential for servicing and repairs. What’s more, these systems operate at extremely high pressures which are enough to cause serious harm if not handled properly.
Early fault warnings include:
- Problematic or difficult starting
- Loss of performance and slow or sluggish acceleration
- Poor fuel efficiency
- Engine misfires
- Intermittent or occasional stalling of the engine
- Engine overheating
- Illumination of the check engine light
- MOT test exhaust emissions failure due to excessive CO(Carbon Monoxide) or HC (Hydrocarbon) and NOX (Nitrogen of Oxides) content in exhaust gas.
Our electrical tests include:
- Engine management systems
- All types of ignition systems and vehicle electrics
- ABS systems – test & adjustments to: speed sensors, modulators, relays, solenoids and pump assemblies
- SRS systems – interrogating ECM units, fault codes, airbags, clock springs, warning light checks, crash sensors
- General motor vehicle electrics
- Central body electrics (central door locking systems)
Your vehicle’s braking system is without doubt, one of its most important systems. Brake fluid is hydroscopic; this means that it absorbs moisture over time. This in turn decreases the boiling point of the brake fluid which can lead to dramatically reduced braking efficiency and increased stopping distances. We recommend that your brake fluid be replaced every 2 years, or according to your Conditioning Based Servicing display
Over time, gas escapes from the air conditioning system, greatly reducing its efficiency. At Phoenix Motor Centre an air conditioning service includes removing the old gas from your system, holding your air conditioning system under a vacuum to ensure that there are no leaks, before filling the system with fresh, high quality refrigerant gas and re-integrating oil into the system. Additionally, we use a disinfectant smoke inside your vehicle to ensure that your air conditioning system remains smelling fresh, and free from any microbial or bacterial particles that can accumulate over time.
In October 2003, European law introduced new legislation to ensure a free market in the sale and service of motor vehicles. This means:
- Any operator has equal access to manufacturer training, diagnostic hardware, software and tools.
- Any service carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule will maintain the new car warranty.
- You can be sure that when your vehicle is looked serviced by Phoenix Motor Centre Ltd you will receive a high quality, expert service and great value for money.
Whilst manufacturers can no longer tell you where to get your car serviced they can still keep the warranty work within their own dealer network. As a result of this while we can provide services we are unable to perform warranty work on your vehicle.