Get Your MOT Test Done In Rayleigh!
♦ MOT JUST £40
♦ Trading Standards Approved
♦ Appointments Available Now
♦ FREE Retests
♦ ANY vehicle type!
♦ We are based in Rayleigh
Frequently Asked Questions about MOT's
Click on a question to expand, and reveal the answer!Open/Close All Questions
If you didn’t find the answer you were looking for or have any questions click here to contact us!
- What is an MOT?
- The MOT certificate confirms that, at the time of the test, without dismantling it, the vehicle met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law.
- When do I need an MOT?
- MOT testing can be performed up to one month prior to the expiry of your existing UK MOT certificate, with the new certificate valid from the date of expiry of your existing MOT, provided that you have a current MOT certificate and present this to the examiner at the time of the test.
- Why should I use you when other garages are cheaper?
- Phoenix are part of the Trading Standards Code & Trust My Garage Scheme. We believe in absolute honesty with our customers, so you can rest assured we will not recommend repairs on your car unless they are genuinely necessary. As such, we charge a fair price for an MOT rather than tempt people with an offer & make money from unnecessary repair work.
- How much does an MOT cost?
- We offer highly competitive prices with an MOT for a 3-year-old, Class 4 vehicle with up to 8 seats is priced at £40 and an MOT for 3-year-old, Class 7 light commercial vehicle (3,000 KG – 3,500 KG) vehicle is priced at £45.
- What is checked during an MOT?
- The test is designed to ensure that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards. You should be aware that the MOT certificate is not a guarantee of the general mechanical condition of your car - you should have your car serviced regularly to maintain its mechanical condition. Should your vehicle need a little help to pass the test, you can rest assured that almost all repairs can be carried out on site on the same day. Any repairs and charges will be notified to you upfront, so no nasty surprises!
- What if my car fails?
- If your car fails, it must be repaired and retested. You cannot legally drive your car on the road until the repairs have been made and a certificate issued. Most repairs can be carried out onsite at the test centre on the same day, and we will always advise you upfront about any work that needs to be done.
Basildon | Billericay | Benfleet | Canvey Island | Chelmsford | Chalkwell | Hadleigh | Leigh-on-sea | Rayleigh | Shoeburyness | Southend-on-sea | Wickford